Thursday 17 July 2014

Siberian Gold Tigers - Day 52


To be honest I don't have a lot to say today.
As you can see I made some progress on the final page on these tigers. I'm definitely being spurred on my the thoughts of starting my new projects...although I don't have the threads yet so shouldn't get too excited!

My new material arrived yesterday.
EEK! came to mind.
Remembering that I've never stitched on anything higher than 18 count, the sight of 25 was scary. Then I saw the 28 and practically passed out!
I stood there with That's impossible! No freaking way! screaming through my head.
But, as always, the calming voices of my fellow stitchers on Facebook crept into my mind saying Ssh! One stitch at a time, old boy. One stitch at a time!
 
To quote Drew Barrymore in Ever After....
"Just Breathe..."

So, I move forward today with renewed determination to finish these tigers as soon as possible (which I'm sure will please Caroline greatly...she's been waiting quite a while for this to be finished!).

HAPPY STITCHING!

5 comments:

  1. I looked back on your old comments and saw that you plan on using the 28 for the Tilton. I tried to see if you mentioned whether you were stitching over 1 or over 2, but couldn't find a comment. If you are stitching over 2, you will essentially be stitching on 14 count. If you are stitching over 1, you're magnifier will come in very handy. For the 25 count, you will be surprised at how easy it becomes stitching over 1 (and how much you really like your magnifier). Play around with the first few stitches and see if you prefer the coverage with 1 strand versus 2. I typically use 2 strands because I don't like the patchiness you find with the darker colors when using 1. I can't wait until you start and we can see and read about your progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I may end up doing tent stitch on 25ct, 1 over 1 on 28 ct. I'd prefer to 1 or 2 over 1 on the 25, but until I do a practice bit I'm not sure.

      But, that's part of the excitement of doing something like this. I've venturing into new territory!

      Delete
  2. The tigers are looking gorgeous.

    You'll be just fine with the 25 and 28. After the first few hours, you'll forget that you ever thought it was small.

    ReplyDelete
  3. geraldine tithecott17 July 2014 at 09:28

    I enjoy reading your blog and GOOD LUCK with the high count fabric. Rather you than me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say, that you will probably enjoy the higher counts, but thankfully you have that stocking to go to when you can't stand it anymore :D It's nice to go back to a lower count and do 2 over after working on insane things like what you are about to do!

    ReplyDelete