Wednesday 16 July 2014

FORTHCOMING ATTRACTION: The WIP Saga! Forget about StarWars....Forget About Twilight...THIS is the Saga to watch!





Yes, here we have it!
The Saga to end all Sagas!

Ok, nothing like building things up but, seriously, for me this is the biggest project I've embarked upon.

The three pictures above are all going to be done simultaneously.

But, for the first time ever I am venturing into the unknown.
This will be the first time I've ever stitched on a fabric count higher than 18.
So, Indiana Jones is going to be done on 18 count.
I've already made a start on him, but had to stop to finish the Siberian Tigers.
But, now I finally get to return to this wonderful picture.
Finished size: 18.5" x 12.5"

Then we have Awwoo! from the ever-brilliant Sarah Paine of Paine Free Crafts
This one will be stitched on 25 count.
My intention is to use my traditional method of tying on an off as required.
Finished size: 10" x 14"

Finally, from the excellent Tilton Crafts we have the beautiful and majestic So Lonely.
This one will be stitched on 28 count and I'm thinking of trying out the parking method of stitching on this one.
Finished size: 12.5" x 11"

The plan is this....
Each day I will stitch an as yet undecided minimum amount on one design.
The next day I will do a different design.
Then on day three, the final design.
I will continue in this fashion each day.

Every three days I will post a link to my blog for an update on all three WIPs.

Also...as an added bonus (think of it as bonus episode in your favourite TV show! :-) ) I will be posting pictures of Santa's Toys Christmas Stocking design. This is another WIP which I will intersperse if things get too hard on the other three. So, there may be a bonus WIP picture from this too!

So, WATCH THIS SPACE
COMING SOON!

13 comments:

  1. lynne coldwell16 July 2014 at 03:13

    Oh WOW that Polar Bear is gorgeous but I've a feeling would test the patience of a saint - good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, here's hoping I'll be in line for a Sainthood, Lynne. :-)

      Delete
  2. These are all wonderful designs. I'm looking forward to watching the saga unfold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Love the polar bear. I agree,, would test my patience because of all the same colors,, but oh so worth it! Cant wait to see WIPs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are totally mad am looking forward to the updates

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the world of rotation stitching. Those are beautiful choices - I'm looking forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy Cow! I will, of course, post words of support during your period of mind blowing BAP rota! I tried doing things that way and it didn't work for me, but I applaud anyone who can do such a feat AND with such huge projects. You are my hero!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's hoping I can manage it. The excitement may very well dissipate rapidly once I get going. I'm hoping that the variety in pictures and picture colours will really help.
      My only concern is that I'm not a fan of projects going on for years....which may mean I abandon the rota system to concentrate on one of the designs and finish it.
      As long as I can stick to my minimum amount of stitches per day then I think I'll be ok as I have the stocking to go to when things get tough, and lots of other easier kits to do if the stocking gets finished quickly.

      Delete
  7. Wow. Those are some big projects but they will look amazing when finished I'm sure. ^_^ Looking forward to the updates. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to watching these wips grow. With over 55 bap wips,includding the stunning awwooo, on the go (all on 25 or 28 count ) i know how it feels to juggle.
    My preference is 28 count i love working on the fabric, and switch between parking and cross country depending on my mood. As you know the only thing that matters is enjoying the process.

    Looking forward to seeing these grow
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your blog and I love it! I can't wait for your updates. You've got an awful lot of wonderful to stitch! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon and welcome. And you're right, I have some lovely projects in my stash. Glad you're enjoying my blog and I hope you keep coming back!

      Delete