Thursday 10 July 2014

My Writing....

 

Yes, it's true. I am also an author.
 
Don't get too excited though! This is more of a light hobby than a vocation.
I love to write, but I find it a very frustrating process - which is why I don't do it very often.
My preference is for horror, but I have tried fantasy and thriller too.
 
Over the years I've somehow managed to write enough short stories to compile a small volume.
 
But, venturing into the world of publishing was terrifying. So, I started small - with a short story. And digital only. None of my stories are in print - but if you own a Kindle then maybe you might like to try them out.
My first published short story is The Infant Kiss a nasty little tale about a young boy enacting his revenge on his neglectful dad.
(You can buy The Infant Kiss as a standalone short story, or in my compilation collection Mindworks)
 
Once I had a couple of positive reviews I then decided to release a compilation volume.
Mindworks is that compilation.
 
 

Some time later someone requested that I write a follow up to The Infant Kiss, which became The Infant Choice.
 

The short story collection has an eclectic mix of styles and subjects.
The River in My Mind is a story about the dangers of psychic ability.
The Infant Kiss I mention above.
Ethics covers an act of revenge by a young boys pets.
Amy and The Face in the Window are both ghost stories.
 House of Shadows is about a childhood dare gone wrong (it's also one of my favourites)
A Pocket Full of Posies focuses on a bizarre train journey.
The Manipulation of Johnny Tucker is about anger, betrayal and revenge.
A Christmas Visitor is about a visit from a very special Santa.
The Secret Heart is about the last werewolf.
Beauty's Beast is also a werewolf story - but of a totally different kind (another of my favourites).
 
I'm currently working on Mindworks II.
I've already written Eligible which is about a highly desire bachelor with a dark secret.
And, I'm in the process of writing another story called C.H.A.V. - although that's taking longer than I'd hoped...probably because I spend too much time cross stitching.
 
I've also written a pretty bad novel and have nearly finished a second. None of which will ever see the light of day without a serious re-write!
 
But, if you like short stories then please feel free to support a fledgling writer and check out my stories.
Told you my blog would cover lots of different interests!
:-)

3 comments:

  1. What is it about stitching and writing?! It was my third novel that got to see the light of day as the first two didn't really work. Then I discovered the snowflake method of planning. It still allows you to be creative but it makes sure you keep the story going throughout (which was my problem). I earn my living as a writer so short stories are a bit too much like the day job for me - but congratulations on what you've achieved. Here's a thought though - the wonderful world of e-publishing means that the novella (20,000-30,000 words) is a place that can be explored by many more writers. If some of your short stories can have sequels is this a logical place for you to go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Louise, and believe me, it's all stuff I think about. Maybe when I get the writing bug back I will attempt a novella. Or just edit my first book - the story is good, but the execution leaves something to be desired! LOL.

      Delete
  2. I find the writing bug and the stitching bug fight for mastery of my enthusiasm...

    ReplyDelete